CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Don't you just love the lights at the Temple?


Did you ever wonder how they get there? Maybe you don't care or you never really thought about it before. Well I am here to tell you that it is a lot of hard work. 2 years ago Eli and I thought it would be a good service opportunity to help put the lights on the LA temple grounds. It was a good service project, but it was a lot of work. Our Stake is assigned a couple of Olive trees on the East side of the Temple. A couple of trees you say, shouldn't take that long. It is when the director of the project keeps having you take strands down and change them. Last time it took us 4 hours to get 75% of the way done with the help of our friends the Covingtons. So when the sign up sheet went around last year there was no way I was about to do it again.

This year when the sign up sheet went around RS I felt like I should explain it as it really is not as this amazing fun thing that you can go do, and that is a lot of hard work. But when the sign up sheet went around I thought what could it hurt because this year I knew what I was getting into besides I thought that Eli would get a kick out of the protesters for Prop 8. However much to my surprise it was a lot more fun. The director was a really nice man who came over and was just having a good time with us. We took Eli's brother Luke who is taller than Eli so I think that that helped. We finished with our trees in about 2 hours. We did have some help from other members of our Stake but we got 2 trees done this time.

So if the opportunity presents itself again next year I think we might take it.
Ps. there were no protesters, it was kind of disapointing

0 comments: