CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 30, 2009

When is it not worth saving?

I have heard it said that sometimes it cost you more to save things to maybe use again, than to just buy them new again. I am wondering this concept myself more and more lately. We have been in "a place for everything and everything is its place" kind of mood at our house. This started when we got a new bed for Aubree (pictures coming). I realized that maybe I have a tend to hoard. I tend to save baby clothes, things people have given me (weather I liked them or not), and anything else I may need in the future. I find that I save everything my kids ever wore ie: socks, tights, and bloomers, even if it is a little discolored. These things are ok to be thrown away after each child right? When we found out we were going to have Hayley we were so excited because we had EVERYTHING, she could possibly need. However then guilt started to come in because its not fair to not get her some new stuff. When is it ok to give them away to someone else who needs them? I have a really tuff time, so if you have any idea's I would love to hear them. My goal is to be done going through everything and I mean everything by the start of the new year. Crazy???

3 comments:

Janet said...

I left a long message on facebook, but let me just add that it IS okay to get rid of things. If they are in good enough shape to be used again then give them to DI, otherwise, just toss it!

Let me also say that I like to give GOOD stuff to DI sometimes that I know I won't use and it makes me happy to think about someone being thrilled at finding a treasure at DI.

Barbara Jackson said...

I agree with Janet!!! There are plenty of little girls in your area who could use all those darling clothes. Is it worth keeping if it causing you stress? NO. Just pass it on with love:)

Debbie said...

You can also have a yard sale on our lawn...sell items for cheap :) ...let me know