CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 12, 2010

Are we Crazy?


In March Eli, my dad, and I are participating in a Sprint Triathlon. We will run 3 miles, bike 9, and swim 150 meters. We have some friends who can do it all in just over an hour, this will not be me. We will have 2 and 1/2 hours to complete it so my goal is to just finish. While training we are learning a lot things like:
- to us running on a treadmill is torchure, but we enjoy running outside.
- Eli is a great swimmer, I am not sure I remember anything from swim lessons as a child
- there is no need to weight train all you need to do is push 60 lbs of kids in a non-running stroller
- I can come up with a million excuses to not run, but nothing can give you the same feeling as when you are done

So stay tuned to how we do and it couldn't hurt to pray for us.

5 comments:

Lyndsey said...

If I can do it I know that you can do it. I did one last august. P.S. When you are in the actual thing start the swimming on the side and toward the back. If you are in the middle it is crazy and you will drink a bunch of water from all the people around you and the person in front of you that could kick you in the face. So start toward the back and way off to the side. Some one gave me this advise right before it started and it really helped me!

California Garners said...

Yay! Good luck! That swim length is just about right for me. I tried a couple smaller triathlons but I am such a miserable swimmer that I'm usually last one out of the pool or (horrors) the lake. "I'm not a strong swimmer." - martin short from the synchronized swimmer saturday night live sketch.

Jessica said...

Ooh exciting! good luck and I know it will totally be worth it!

Ned said...

You and Eli are doing great training for this. Keep it up.

Lisa said...

I'll be there cheering you on!! And you're right, nothing bets the feeling of finishing a run.