Last night we finally got the closure we needed to sigh a sigh of relief at least for now. With 52% of the voters voting in favor of Prop 8, I wonder how many times are we going to have to prove that it is important that marriage is between a man and a woman. As we look back on these past few months I am so pleased by those that choose to stand for truth and righteousness and do the things that the Lord has asked of us. I truly feel like we did everything we could and it paid off. The sad part of all this is as I am writing this people that were against prop 8 are protesting at the LA Temple grounds. It takes a little of the joy out of passing prop 8. Now they are making it hard to worship how we choose and isn't that right already in the United States Constitution. It makes me feel ill to think that there are people that are choosing to hate members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints just because of a political belief. The fight might be over to win the votes, but the fight is just beginning.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment